Meet Michael Thomas
Experience, Leadership, Commitment
Lyons Township High School Board Candidate
For over 45 years, I have lived in the La Grange/La Grange Park communities. My wife,
Yulonda, and I have one son who is currently a Junior at Lyons Township High School.
As a life-long community member and parent, I am invested in the continued success and improvement of our communities and our schools.
In my work, I have 30 years of experience as a marketing professional with expertise in developing and executing marketing and media strategies to drive brand awareness, accelerate market share growth, and maximize return-on-investment.
I believe that the unique qualities/experiences that I have and will utilize as a District 204 School Board member are my ability to:
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal/external teams
- Respectfully listen to diverse points of view; and
- Most importantly, commit to deadlines and deliver results
Having been a member of the District 204 School Board since October 2020 has provided me with valuable background knowledge which will allow me to more effectively evaluate and address matters going forward as a District 204 School Board member. Additionally, I will utilize the experience that I gained serving on the La Grange School District 102 Board to help provide strategic context to the District 204 School Board as it deliberates on current and future challenges.
Four years ago, I took on the challenge of serving on the La Grange School District 102 Board of Education. As a school board member, I learned about board policy development, oversaw scarce resources, and shaped educational programs. I also worked with diverse individuals as a team to provide the resources necessary for students to achieve a world-class education.
I believe that the experiences that I have had as a board member and as an elected officer can add value to the District 204 Board of Education. I am familiar with how to work collaboratively with a team to confront an array of tough challenges and make well-informed decisions that represent all students. I will use these skills to continue moving District 204 forward.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) | University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Mass Communication, and Sociology | University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA.
- Lyons Township High School, La Grange, IL.
- St. Francis Xavier School, La Grange, IL.